Thursday, August 18, 2005

Another disclaimer

I've realized that in my posts I sometimes tend to bash the older generation of professionals in my field. While on almost every occasion this is prompted by a rant about employment (or lack thereof), I'd like to set my actual view on this subject in stone, or in this case binary code.

I realize that there are many, many, many, many (many) librarians older than me. In fact, I was the second youngest student in my graduating class. A goodly chunk of these colleagues of mine are exceptional professionals, embodying the very essence of librarianship in every action they take. Regretably,I have encountered the occasional chronic misanthrope librarian who enraged me to the point of ranting on my blog about stodgy, old, behind-the-times, surly, beehive styling, ninnies (I'll garuntee you those words have never been used in exactly that order. I just googled it).

There have been many influential librarians in my life who've shaped my views and passions into what they are today, and I cannot begin to express my gratitude to them. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! You've had more of an impact than you know, and I truly love you for it! You are the people who keep me from going to culinary school. You continually shatter my unfair stereotypes by breaking the rules on a regular basis and proving I'm a narrowminded twit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home