Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Everything is Information Literacy

I've come to realize that nearly everything I do when interacting with students is ultimately information literacy. Now. I don't mean info. lit. in it's purest definition (whatever that may be). What I'm trying to say is, I realize that I can't teach a student to effectively search a database in 50 minutes. I can give the student some tools (like understanidng controlled terms, using a thesaurus, and getting Boolean with it), but 50 minutes is hardly enough time. So, relating to my last post, I just try to get the student to come back to the library for more help using my charming personality and ability to relate to their needs.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do you expect to get students to come back when you can't even keep the candy jar filled!

-Resentful in Reno

2:38 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

Well, Mr. Anonymous in Reno,

It just so happens that I received a generous donation of saltwater taffy and truffles from our LRC Coordinator. If you hadn't decided to move to Nevada you'd be privy to such information.

Aside...How's the volvo runnin? Holla back.

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home