Monday, June 20, 2005

Wireless libraries and cell phones

Just got my Nextel invoice (yippee!), and noticed that they are offereing another Bluetooth enabled phone that's actually reasonably priced. I'll have to review the literature and do some searching, but I wonder if any libraries in the US have patrons searching their OPAC's with cell phones. PDA's, notebooks and the like have been doing it, but now that cell phones have B.T. ability and web browsers, I'd think this would be happening someplace.

Edit:
As an aside, I just tried Google's SMS search. Been waiting for a response for a couple of minutes. If the response rate is this slow it might seriously hinder the Google SMS useability. Google states that responses should take less than a minute.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember just last year reading an article about libraries in Japan employing BT technology to allow access to their OPACS.

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home