Thursday, April 20, 2006

"New Media" & Information Literacy

I don't know how I came across this a week ago, but I really didn't give this site as thorough a look as I should have. This time I received the link from a listserv, and I knew it couldn't be coincidence so I went back for a closer inspection.

These guys have some great ideas! I mean, this is stuff I've been thinking in the back of my mind for a while, but I hadn't the ability to express it so eloquently. Also, I've just now realized that our project of creating online information literacy tutorials is an exercise in adapting "new media" to info. lit.

I'd also never considered how "new media" becomes such. Ie., what is "new media"? (I love the discussion of the terms' etymology!) Is it just video iPods, Blackberry's, Streaming video, Increasing broadband access, etc or have these "new media" evoloved from "older media"?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home