Monday, October 16, 2006

I've been ridiculously busy lately, and my posts have been few and far between. Here's what I've been thinking about lately:


  • Using Meebo as a replacement for Trillian. Now I can take my I.M. contacts with me wherever I go. Sweet. This may make selling it to librarians easier since there's no software to install etc.

  • Why are we using online assessments of information literacy (ETS and SAILS) when the instruction provided is in the classroom? I'm beginning to believe that, although it's convenient to assess student learning electronically, there are many advantages to assessing in the classroom. I will elaborate soon!

  • The perfect library Facebook group. Since Facebook has begun shutting down library profiles my institution has begun a group with the librarians as adminsistrators. While this is not as ideal as an "open" group, it seems to be the only way to control who posts what on our wall, discussion board, pictures etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home